ks and installation dvd

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Fri Oct 5 17:55:10 UTC 2007

I install a bunch of CentOS machines.
It gets very repetive going through all the
packages each time.

I remember someone mentioned a kick start file,
which I believe will get created each time you
do a manual install.

I found some information on the network about ks.cfg and a boot cdrom.
I am using a DVD now, and wodner whether the procedure is similar.
It also seems to be conflicting saying the ks must be in the top level directory,
but later says it must be in the isolinux directory.

Anyway, solving that can I just copy the boot CD to a hard drive, add the ks
file and write a new DVD, or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks
Tony