rpm and wget -c

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Oct 5 23:18:40 UTC 2007

Ric Moore writes:

> The "wget -c" command, or something that works like that, would REALLY
> suit my needs, and I believe the needs of others as well. If some kind
> soul would chime in and give me the skinny, I'd be forever in their
> debt. It would be even better if I could just change one entry to cause
> all apps to perform like this system wide. Would THAT ever make my day.

I'm afraid there isn't. The closest thing you can do is identify the URL of
the rpm you need to grab, find a mirror that offers rsync, and use rsync
--partial to download your update, as often as it takes until you get it
all.

I do agree -- yum/rpm should be fixed so that it can use rsync in addition
to http.