Music - connecting FC5 machine to home stereo

Peter Horst phorst at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 6 15:24:30 UTC 2007

I'm connecting to an FC5 machine via PuTTY and playing mp3s stored there
using "orpheus," an ncurses-based player.  Is there is a "hi-fi" way to
connect this Linux machine to my stereo (an Onkyo TX-SR600, if it could
possibly matter)?  I know there are various products that connect a
Windows machine to a stereo via USB (e.g. "HiFi Link" etc.) - is there a
Linux version of the same?  Not a big deal, of course - worse comes to
worst, I can just use a minijack-to-RCA splitter.

Thank you.