Music - connecting FC5 machine to home stereo

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Oct 6 17:40:32 UTC 2007

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Peter Horst wrote:
>
>> You know, I'm probably just experiencing some irrational resistance
>> here - there just seems to be something wrong with the idea that
>> proper-sounding music could come out of a tiny little mini-jack :-)
>> I'm sure it's fine....
>>

> I suppose it depends on how good your ears and your listening
> standards are.  I've been using a 1/8" mini-jack to RCA into my
> receiver for years now and I think it sounds fine.  It sounds good
> enough that I've never been motivated to look for any better solution.
>
> The cables were pretty cheap, so it's probably worth giving that
> method a try.  If it sounds good to you, then you don't have to look
> any further.

    The big problem with a tiny mini jack is just that if it gets hit by
anything it will break and be a mess.  Also vibrations can cause it to
be noisy. But in a matter of a few years it should work great.

    I have the same thing and I remote it out front and plug in good
earphones and a mike. My hearing is poor and no room for a pair of big
speakers. So I listen to my music from the sound card on my motherboard
and the sound is GREAT!

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User