Wget use

Vivek J. Patankar vivek.patankar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:01:30 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    I decided to get the F7 live CD .iso file and use wget. I did the
> first part using my web browser and I found a source for this file in CA
> which is as close as possible. I had to find a source that uses FTP. As
> the man pages say wget will only work with a FTP source.

A man page last updated in the previous century perhaps. The man page in
Fedora 7 says, and I quote -
	"GNU Wget is a free utility for non-interactive download of files from
the Web.  It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, as well as
retrieval through HTTP proxies."

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)