[off topic but appropriate] Re: Can't compile Fortran in Fedora 7

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 8 04:04:48 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> 00
>> C4
>> C2
>> 19
>> C2
>> C4
>> 00

Robert L Cochran:
> I used to do the 8088 instruction set.

Me too, and I've still got the glossy book about playing with the
SDK-85.

> I can't remember the above opcodes though.

Me either, but these aren't op-codes.  Just draw out the binary
equivelent on a page, somewhere.  Concentrate on the 1s.

> These days, a real programmer is one who can adapt to the current
> languages, learn them, and use them to his or her advantage. Manipulate
> them so they serve the needs of today's project. Programming has one
> common denominator -- you must use logic to program well.

That's it...  You have to be able to work out how to put your situation
into programable conditions, or conditional language, if you like.
Conditions that take into account all the variables, simulataneously.

I sometimes wonder if those at Microsoft understood that.  Yes, I would
like to do more than two things at once on my computer, and do them
successfully, too.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.