Fedora server

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Oct 8 17:49:59 UTC 2007

> I asked some days ago about a small home server,
> and now I have more or less decided on the specification:
>
> 1. A Mini-ITX machine, almost certainly VIA EPIA
> 2. Fanless
> 3. Using an 8GB or 16GB flash card (not a flash IDE disk)
> rather than a hard disk
> 4. I don't need any graphics, so poor graphics is fine
> 5. Running Fedora.
>
> Has anyone experience of a machine along these lines?
> Or any advice on where to get one?

http://linitx.com/

have a good selection, but remember you have to get a RAM stick and a
PSU (and possibly an adapter for the PSU as well).  These guys exist too
but I never used them.

http://www.icp-epia.co.uk

The VIA chipset USB used to be a bit flakey, but I guess it must be
fixed now... if so maybe consider booting off a USB stick you installed
Fedora on to.

-Andy