mplayer without libmp3lame support

dominique dominique at phpdb.com
Tue Oct 9 03:46:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 09:09 +1000, Res wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Talking about mp3 on fedora.* lists is akin to profusley swearing :)
> but to hell with them, so you can grab it from freshrpms. If you cant
> connect to it you can also get it here for a day or so...
> http://www.ausics.net/lame-3.97-1.fc7.i386.rpm
>
> Cheers

Thanks, BUT
you didnt read my mail:

> > [do at dom dvd2avi]$ rpm -qa | grep lame
> > lame-devel-3.97-1.fc7
> > lame-3.97-1.fc7
> > [do at dom dvd2avi]$

- lame is already here ! but mencoder refuses to use it.
beacause it has not been compiled to support libmp3lame or else ?
Thats the question, that mqy lead me to a solution.

[do at dom Desktop]$ mencoder -oac mp3lame
MPlayer was compiled without libmp3lame support.
[do at dom Desktop]$

Dominique