Faulty wireless card?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:52:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS M1210 which has a ipw3945 wireless card, which up
until this morning was associating with access points with no problem.
However, this morning it no longer works - NetworkManager no longer
lists any wireless networks, iwlist scan reports no access points etc.
I am strongly suspecting that, since nothing else changed, and since
other computers still connect to the access point fine, that the
wireless card has turned faulty. Is there any test I can do to verify
this unambiguously?

Cheers,
Jonathan