mplayer without libmp3lame support

das dasd.here at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:50:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 06:20 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> I have been using the latter option (almost) always, since I couldn't
> find a
> rpm package that was compiled with options I needed...

I am getting some problems while compiling mplayer which I cannot
understand.

1. The first problem is that ./configure was not running, though the
'sh' and 'bash' thing are in their proper place. Anyway, that did run
after 'sh ./configure'. And it is getting 'lame.h' in its include path.

2. Now, when I run 'make', it is giving a peculiar message:
<<
[root at mamdo MPlayer-1.0rc2]# make
./version.sh `cc -dumpversion`
/bin/sh: ./version.sh: Permission denied
make: *** [version.h] Error 126
[root at mamdo MPlayer-1.0rc2]#

And this version.sh is:

<<#!/bin/sh
echo "#define VERSION \"1.0rc2-$1\"" > version.h
echo "#define MP_TITLE \"MPlayer 1.0rc2-$1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team\""
>> version.h

And when I myself ran version.sh and created version.h, after that make
started to run alright. Then again it stopped with this message:

<<
/bin/sh: ./codec-cfg: Permission denied
make: *** [codecs.conf.h] Error 126

Is this some peculiarity of this version of 'sh' in F7, or, some silly
error I am doing?

--
das