mplayer without libmp3lame support

das dasd.here at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:51:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 13:28 -0400, Mauriat M wrote:
> - Did you delete all the mplayer files, download a new tarball and
> make sure there was no corruption in the files?
> - Is the filesystem EXT2/EXT3? Did you check the fs in case of errors
> (fsck)?
> - Try compiling as non-root (only the 'make install' requires root
> access)
> - Try compiling some other package (ex: lame) does it give similiar
> problems?
> - Are you out of space in /tmp (or in some other partition)?

- Yes I deleted all the earlier files. There was no checksum provided,
but, it seems there is no corruption. Because, due to this doubt I
downloaded the bz2 file three times from three different mirrors. And
all of them gave the same result.

- It was in reiser. I unmounted and mounted it quite a few times, with
no error messages given, usually what happens when there is some
fs-error, though I did not run fsck explicitly. OK, I will try it.

- Compiling lame is giving the same thing. Though, just three or four
days back I compiled mldonkey, without a glitch of any kind. Only, after
that, my xpdf got messed up, which I erased and reinstalled and it is
OK. And, also, after that, maybe, the vanishing rate of Evolution has
shot up.

- I have not tried that part, compiling as user, I will try it now, and
let you know.

--
das