mplayer without libmp3lame support

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Oct 11 19:04:56 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 19:44 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
>> You can do this:
>>
>> mount /dev/sda7 /mnt/arkive -treiserfs
>> -oremount,rw,nosuid,nodev,user=dd
>>
>> to effectively remount taking out the "noexec" part.
>
> And still, after this remount command, mount is showing:
>
> /dev/sda7 on /mnt/arkive type reiserfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=dd)

Yeah the remount errored out before doing anything as you showed in your
other mail

''[root at mamdo dd]# mount /dev/sda7 /mnt/arkive -t reiserfs -o
remount,rw,nosuid,nodev,user=dd
mount: /mnt/arkive not mounted already, or bad option''

I guess the problem is on the "bad option" side of things.  Try just

mount /dev/sda7 /mnt/arkive -t reiserfs -oremount,rw

assuming that it's not a shared box and the other options are not
critical for security.

-Andy