mplayer without libmp3lame support

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 11 19:48:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, das wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 13:44 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > OK then you DO have a C compiler and the guys who are trying to get
> > your
> > fstab right are working the real problem.
>
> Yeah, and as dear friend Andy Green suggested, I made a temporary
> compile directory in my home, which is on ext-3, and compiling both
> lame and mplayer.
>
> lame is done, now, make on mplayer is going on without any such
> monstrocity.
>
> So, from now on should I always use 'exec' as an option in fstab for
> reiserfs too, as once I used on the vfat partitions, when I had MSW
> in my machine, and hence vfat partitions?

  but "exec" *is* the default mount option.  if you look at the man
page, the mount option "defaults" is short for:

defaults
                     Use  default  options: rw, suid, dev, exec, auto, nouser,
                     and async.

  so perhaps i came in late, but is there any reason the standard
mount options wouldn't be appropriate?

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA