Duplicating a F7 installation.

GianPiero Puccioni gianpiero.puccioni at isc.cnr.it
Fri Oct 12 08:50:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have to install some machines with F7 and then make several modification
to it  (so the kickstart would help only partially) and I wondered if it is
possible to duplicate the installation copying the HD.

If the machine, HD and partitioning are the same can I copy the data with tar
or dd or whatever and have it in working order? What about the MBR, can it be
copied? What about if I install GRUB on the first partition?

Has anyone tried to do something similar?

Thanks,
GianPiero
--
GianPiero Puccioni                   |Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi-CNR
E-Mail:gianpiero.puccioniATisc.cnr.it|Via Madonna del Piano, 10