[Fedora] Re: SELinux Attack!

Alan M. Evans fedoralist at alanevans.org
Fri Oct 12 18:23:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 12:09 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

> Well I used the edit mode at /etc/sysconfig/selinux and there was
> nothing to do. It says that it is in the disabled mode but it isn't.
> Where else can I look? All the things on the  gui say that selinux is
> turned off because I did that 4 times.  But dmesg says that my computer
> is coming up in the passive mode. There MUST be a way to stop this :-(

At the point you see

        SELinux:  Initializing.
        SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode

the kernel has barely detected the CPU, memory, and system bus. Of
course it has to start up in some mode before it's able to read the
config file. Search further down and you will see

        SELinux:  Disabled at runtime.

I'm not absolutely certain, but I'd guess that this is still long before
CUPS starts.