Video streaming

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Oct 12 21:08:43 UTC 2007

> So I found an article on Freshmeat on how to make Flash/flv video apps
> using PHP:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/1640/

Googling around it seems there are a bunch of specific ways to do it
dating from a few years ago.  This place

http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/10/08/lighttpd-memcoder-flvtool-for-streaming/

has a recipe for generating the FLV with mencoder, then you need to run
this app over it

http://inlet-media.de/flvtool2

which is some pervacious Ruby-based thing.

Lastly that recipe need lighttpd, which is in Fedora, and also the
lighttpd flv streaming module, which isn't.

I guess if you can stand lighttpd, I would see if I can get flvtool2 to
work with Ruby, and if all that is okay, grab the SRPM for Fedora
lighttpd and change the spec file to enable mod_flv_streaming to be
generated, and recook.

Not very straightforward, but sounds like it has a reasonable chance to
work.

-Andy