Ipods

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Oct 12 21:40:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 16:16 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Steve Siegfried wrote:
> > If you futz with it enough, most older iPods will talk to your linux
> > box.
>
> No futzing required with FC6 or F7.  iPod's are detected and mounted
> automatically.

Yes, with some weird names in /media and I've never gotten my iPod video
30GB to work with Amarok worth a damn.  I'm always getting "Can't create
lock file...read-only file system" errors.  Granted, mine's a
Mac-formatted (hfsplus) unit...perhaps that's the problem.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-              Where there's a will, I want to be in it.             -