lilo for fedora livecd 7.9.2 on a dell optiplex 320

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 14 09:47:15 UTC 2007

sam wrote:
> trying to install fedora livecd on a dell optiplex 320. after researching
> via google, i'm now at a section where i'm dealing with lilo, as opposed to
> grub.
Er yuk. I think you are better of with grub. You will probably find more
help here if you take the grub route...

 > the arcticles i've seen have indicated that grub's lvm causes issues
> when installing.
Maybe point out the article - it may not be relevant to your situation.

> i'm getting an "fatal: linux experimental device... needs to be defined"
> err... when i setup the lilo.conf file, and run lilo -v to check the
> config..
>
> if you have knowledge about any of the above, let me know!!!
Brain wont go back that far...

> this is a little bizzare.
So is using lilo on a modern linux distro.

Perhaps we could go back a bit to what was not being happy with grub ?
Any error messages ?
Did you start with a blank disk ? Or are you dual-booting or what ?

DaveT.