SELinux Attack!

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Oct 14 11:42:05 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    I DID Google dbus and it came up with many but one was interesting to
> me because it was another user having trouble with SELinux and he found
> the same problem I have. He said the problem in dbus was fixed in FC6
> but is again a problem in F7.
>
>    Now. Due to the problem with dbus I can't use SELinux because it uses
> dbus and has a problem with that. So your wrong with thinking SELinux
> does not use dbus, It certainly does and that I can prove.

If selinux uses dbus, then that requirement should be shown by rpm, and
that's not the case on my RHEL5 clone.

What _is_ likely is that selinux controls things dbus can do (see the
selinux policies you have), and it's perfectly possible that there's a
problem with an selinux policy that interferes with dbus.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait