Error 16: Inconsistent filesystem structure

Doug Purdy 1der at rogers.com
Mon Oct 15 01:35:53 UTC 2007

Le dim 14/10/2007 à 19:39, Mikkel L. Ellertson a écrit :
> Doug Purdy wrote:
> >
> > I can mount the NTFS drive and I can mount sdb2 if I don't specify the
> > filesystem type. That's where Grub is in a folder with the 2 kernel
> > config, initrd, systme.map and vmlinuz files. I haven't figured out how
> > to mount the sdb1 partition and the sdb3 LVM partition claims to be
> > mounted already although I don't know where to look for it. Maybe it
> > will mount if I try a link.
> >
> Dumb question - what is the partition type of /dev/sdb1? (You may
> have posted the output of fdisk -l /dev/sdb, but if so, I missed
> it.) If it is an extended partition, a swap partition, or an LVM
> volume, you will not be able to mount it at all.

Hi Mikkel,

Here are the fdisk partitions:

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 * 1 5000 40162468+ 83 Linux
/dev/sdb2 5001 5013 104422+ 83 Linux
/dev/sdb3 5014 24321 155091510 8e Linux LVM

Partition 1 and 2 are 83 Linux and grub and the fedora .img files are in
partition 2 which I can mount. I can't mount or link to partitions 1 or
3.

To my unknowing eye it seems strange that the Fedora 7 Logical Volume
Management program shows partition 3 or VolGroup00 to be an ext3 file
system and LogVol01 to be a 2gig swap file system.

Stranger still is that VolGroup00 is 146 gigs but has only 32 megs free
after an install and the automatic updating of files.

I suspect these partitions are the original ones I created before
telling ananconda to erase everything.

Doug