Ipods

John John at johnsdesign.net
Mon Oct 15 03:23:07 UTC 2007

Steve Siegfried wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>>   Can't say I remember Ipods been talked about before. I'm 'trying' to
>> fix a relatives computer (XP installed) and would like to dump Windows-
>> IPod access is a must; getting the dvd burner dialed in, is another
>> must. I haven't had any luck with my dvd burner and FC6 though. So... do
>> IPods work in FC6 and or F7?
>>
>>                         John
>>

> If you futz with it enough, most older iPods will talk to your linux box.
> But (and for some people, this is a show-stopper) there's no iTunes and
> no access to the Apple on-line iTunes store.

I was able to install iTunes/Quicktime on this box (FC6/Wine), though it
screws up the desktop when I start iTunes. iTunes throws an error saying
'something' (the program itself) is corrupted. Looks like the cd/dvd
burning part of iTunes doesn't work (I have a cdrw on this box). I have
to dig up my iTunes info to see if I'm able to log into the store.

John