Slow yum-pup

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Oct 15 11:19:44 UTC 2007

    Yesterday I got a one update panel so I clicked on show updates
which required a root password, and waited for the panel to come up. And
waited. Got tired of waiting and opened a root terminal and typed # yum
update.

    This started fast and it was a few megabytes of download so that
took awhile, but it came down and was installed and completed.

    About 4 or 5 minutes later the panel popped up but now it said no
updates!  This is slow and not bad if you open the package in a window
and then do something else. I think it was faster before. What are you
seeing?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User