hp Pavillion dv6000 Install issues (Fedora 7)

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Oct 15 15:20:14 UTC 2007

Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> A friend of mine bought an HP Pavillion dv6000 (Nvidia and 64bit AMD)
>
> I've managed to get Fedora 7 to install but upon reboot at the end of the
> install the boot eventually goes to a blank screen.
>
> Is there an easy way to get the nvidia drivers installed ?
>
> I thought I might be able to go into single user mode and use yum, so I tried
> this:
>
> (1) at the boot screen pressed a key to edit the boot parameters, pressed 'a'
> to modify the kernel args and added 'single' at the end of the boot line (to
> go into single user/command line mode)
>
> (2) ran ifup etho (success)
>
> (3) ran yum -y update and got a number of errors followed by:
> raise sqlite.DatabaseError, "Older version of yum sqlite"
> sqlite.3.DatabaseError: Older version of yum sqlite
>

> Any advice would be much appreciated...
>
> Thanks in advance.

    My Navidia computer came up ok without the driver. It was a poor
image but it was usable. A blank screen is a problem. In anycase I yum
installed a navidia driver but right now I do not recall it's name. You
might try on your computer and try to yum the RPM to your computer but
not install. I used like yum install nvidia.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User