Fwd: FC7 hangs on SB16

raagu _ ragavendra.bn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:34:35 UTC 2007

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 06:48:26 -0600
From: Karl Larsen < k5di at zianet.com>
Subject: Re: FC7 hangs on SB16
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>

raagu _ wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have Biostar M7VKQ mother board with built in sound card AC'97 2.2
> Audio CODEC. There is also an external sound card Sound Blaster 16
> which I have attatched. The problem is that the onboard sound card is
> working fine. It is when I make the SB16 sound card work by making it
> default that the audio plays for some time and the FC7 hangs. I then
> have no option but to do a hard reboot
>
>   I tried reinstalling the latest version of ALSA drivers/ utils/ lib
> packages but have had no luck.
>   Would apperciate any solutions given
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Ragavendra.
   I think perhaps your Sound Blaster 16 might have a problem with it.
I assume it's a plug into the computer type and you might check and see
if it is plugged in well. F7 doesn't freeze up due to a software
problem. Only if you have a hardware fault.

--

       Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
       Linux User

hi,
  As you told I'll remove and fix the card again. There is another question
which arises here again. I have winxp on the same system. There is no
problem with sound on win xp.