FC7 hangs on SB16

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Oct 15 17:53:35 UTC 2007

Alan M. Evans wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 06:48 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> F7 doesn't freeze up due to a software
>> problem. Only if you have a hardware fault.
>>

> I would laugh if it weren't so sad, Karl. Now I'm almost terrified to
> ask the question: What would lead you to conclude that software (in this
> case, presumably, a sound card driver) couldn't freeze up the system?
>
> Truly, I fear the answer.

    Then do not read this. In general a software failure will not cause
F7 to freeze up. But hardware failures can cause this.

    Software problems usually cause the program your using to complain
about a segmentation fault and quit. But the computer stays up and working.

    Of course there are exceptions to any general rule.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User