GRUB Question

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:54:33 UTC 2007

On 10/16/07, John Pierce <john.j35 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably the wrong list, but here goes.
>
> I have this working version of fedora 7 on sda, I installed mandriva
> 2008, for a test drive for the wife, on sdb.  There was not an option
> to omit installing the boot loader, I let it install it on  sdb.  The
> question, can I make the grub on sda pass control to the grub on sdb?
> If so, how?
>
> I know how to boot the beta of fedora 8 that I put on that drive, but
> I cannot figure out how to pass control to the sdb boot loader.
>
> Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

If you installed your mandriva bootloader on the MBR of sdb that
points to a /boot partition on sdb#, you can just add a stanza in your
Fedora 7 grub.conf on sda to chainload sdb ... just treat your other
grub like you would a Windows partition (without all the crazy BIOS
drive order swapping and partition hiding needed).