kde 3.5.8 for fc6?

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Wed Oct 17 16:53:39 UTC 2007

Martin Marques wrote:

> Olaf Mueller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody knows if there will be rpms for the upcoming kde 3.5.8
>> for fc6? That would be great!
>
> FC6 doesn't have more the 3 o 4 months left of life.
Yes, indeed. It's a terrible pity that fedora hasn't a long term
support for desktops. Actually I like fedora (previous RedHat) and I
use it for my desktops since RedHat 5.0.
But using fedora for a desktop is laborious, that's my opinion.
I will have a look at the next upcoming linux desktop with long life
support. That means 3 years of silence, marvellous.

For my server I prefer CentOS with it's great long term support.
Nevertheless, fedora is great, but to strenuous for me after all these
years.

thanks
Olaf