GRUB Question

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:08:31 UTC 2007

> In John Pierce's example, the boot line is redundant, so it doesn't
> really matter.  But if he needed the makeactive line, logically speaking
> you'd expect it to need to come  before chainloader (you'd want to set
> it before you started booting).  It also makes sense for it to need to
> come after rootnoverify, since it's going to act on the partition set by
> rootnoverify, or just root.
>
> He may not actually need to make the partition active, anyway.

Ok, I did have the chainloader after the makeactive command, that was
a typo on my part during the post to the list.

I am going to go back and try this one more time, if as I suspect I
get an error message I will report the exact error of this test.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at