Question about spambayes

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Oct 18 15:46:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 02:20:42PM +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> This package must be used with spamassassin or can be used alone?
>
> > [lesca at lesca ~]$ yum deplist spambayes
> > Finding dependencies:
> > package: spambayes.noarch 1.0.4-4.fc7
> >   dependency: /usr/bin/python
> >    provider: python.i386 2.5-12.fc7
> >   dependency: python(abi) = 2.5
> >    provider: python.i386 2.5-12.fc7
>
> Seems not.
>
> I use spamassassin on my email server, with spambyes it's
> possible (then howto) improve spam search ?
>
> there is some useful howto, docs or info ?
>
> Many thanks to all!!
>
> --
> Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>

There's a ton of documentation at spambayes.sourceforge.net, last time I looked.

If you use procmail as your local delivery agent (which you probably do if
you're running sendmail or similar on your local machine) it's easy to
insert spambayes into the toolchain.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding