Video rendering differences Nvidia/ATI

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 18 18:07:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 02:00 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Is that really a Fedora question...or are you just asking "Which is
> better,
> nVidia or ATI?".
Well, I have both, and I simply want to have the same quality on my
notebook as on my desktop.
Anyway, I looked at the output of xvinfo, and it seems that nvidia
provides PutVideo, but fglrx does not (only PutPixmap). Maybe that's the
reason, so it would be a limitation of the fglrx driver. However I hoped
that maybe there might be some configuration option that I missed.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49