How can I prevent terminal boot messages from being cleared

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Oct 19 00:29:29 UTC 2007

When booting gets to the end, just before issuing "login",
the screen is cleared.  I'd like to prevent this so I can read
the boot messages.

I'm running a stock F7 system w/ updates.  My GRUB boot
stanza is adjusted to show boot messages directly on the VT
(no spash screen).

In the past I've added "-- noclear" to the tty lines in
/etc/inittab like this:

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1 -- noclear tty1

This doesn't seem to work anymore.  How is this done in F7?

Dean