How can I prevent terminal boot messages from being cleared

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Oct 19 04:35:25 UTC 2007

Dean Messing wrote:
: John Summerfield wrote:
: :

<snip>

: : fwiw --clear works here for F7, no updates.
:
:
: John, are you sure "--clear" _prevents_ clearing on your system.
: I just replaced  the "-- noclear" strings in my /etc/inittab with
: "--clear" (note the removal of the space) and now I get a long list of
:
: /sbin/mingety: unrecognized option `--clear'
: /sbin/mingety: unrecognized option `--clear'
: /sbin/mingety: unrecognized option `--clear'
: /sbin/mingety: unrecognized option `--clear'
:
: at the end of the boot process.

John, the above is clap-trap, for which I apologise.  Your suggestion
(with --noclear in place of --clear) works just fine.

I evidently had two errors in my syntax.  Removing the space in "--
noclear" tickled the other error.  Please see my post with (SOLVED) in
the title.

Dean