Grub Manual

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Oct 19 12:19:42 UTC 2007

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 19/10/2007, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>
>>     The problem is that the pdf is the exact copy of info grub. It is
>> written by the guys who wrote Grub. It is very hard to read and contains
>> no examples of how you USE Grub. This was my original problem with Grub.
>> When I decided to put /boot and /home in their own partitions I
>> discovered that the Grub docs stink. I want a better user document for Grub.
>>

> A commendable aspiration - contributing accurate and correct
> documentation is very welcomed. However:
>
> a) It has to be correct and accurate.
> b) A mailing list is not the right medium to publish documentation.
>
> There's a wealth of documentation on grub for you to consult already.
> Did you look at this, for example:
>
> http://www.lyonlabs.org/booting.html
>
> Jonathan.

    I just looked at it and it fails in the same way they all do. I
looked with interest at what he said about loading another grub. I hoped
for real instructions but instead I got hand waving. Look at it yourself.

    There was a guy on here last week trying to do the same thing and
just lucked into the proper grub.conf words. After about 10 tries.

    Still think Grub Manual stinks.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User