wpa_supplicant.conf for F7 for WPA-PEAP

Adam Hough adam at gradientzero.com
Fri Oct 19 12:30:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 12:06 +0000, Mike C wrote:
> Although I have wpa_supplicant working with WPA-PSK very nicely in two F7
> laptops at home, my attempts to get WPA-PEAP with MSCHAPV4 working with
> wpa_supplicant at work have been an utter failure.
>
> I have colleagues at my workplace who have consistent wireless access using
> Ubuntu  and Debian, but with my F7 running in a Dell D610 using IPW2200 internal
> wireless I have been utterly unable to get it working even though access to my
> home wireless AP with WPA-PSK is solid and works nicely with the same machine.
>
> Does any have experience using F7 with the IPW2200 wireless connecting to a
> wireless AP authenticated with a radius server via WPA-PEAP? If so would you be
> prepared to share your wpa_supplicant.conf file so that I can get mine working?
> At this stage I don't know if there is something broken in F7 that is preventing
> a connection being established or if it is my ineptness in preparing the
> supplicant config.
>
> Thanks

Have you tried NetworkManager with with your laptop yet? I am guessing
that you are actually missing a cert for you work's wireless network
that you will need to get connected and authenticated to the network.

Here is an write up that tells you basically what you need.  But you
will need to get the cert that your work is using.  I would ask one of
your colleagues for what they did as they will know more about your
network.
http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=1470