Grub Manual

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:00:00 UTC 2007

<snip>
> I am still trying to figure out what to call the
> directory you form when you install ext3 in a new partition. It appears
> you do not want to call it another root :-)  But I simply do not know
> what to call it. Maybe the first directory?
>

>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

If I understand correctly what you are asking, I am inclined to refer
to to it as the root of that file system (when refering to the top
level directory in the hiarchial tree structure on the file system on
that partition) but stand to be corrected.  However it is not THE root
because as we've already discussed that is /, and everything else
mounts off of that including that partition.  So the root of your home
mounted partition could be at /home for example.  However most will
avoid refering to it in that manner because of the confusion it would
cause.

Jacques B.