Troubles with Vim

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 19 14:59:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:42 +0000, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I compiled a newer version of Vim and it has completely changed the
> way
> it works. I used to have a status indicator at the bottom of the
> window
> showing 'Insert', 'Replace' or ':'. That has disappeared and wierd
> things happen with certain keystrokes: Left Arrow INSERTS a 'd'..etc.
>
> I cannot make sense of which settings would return this to the
> standard
> setup which Fedora installed. Help!
vim works for mr and I have the following rpms installed:

vim-common-7.1.12-1.fc7
vim-enhanced-7.1.12-1.fc7
vim-minimal-7.1.12-1.fc7

Experience teaches you that the man who looks you straight in the eye,
particularly if he adds a firm handshake, is hiding something. --
Clifton Fadiman, "Enter Conversing"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net