wpa_supplicant.conf for F7 for WPA-PEAP

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:16:56 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam <akonstam <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Well I have a Latitude D810 with a IPW2200 wireless card. For me using
> NetworkManager and NeworkManagerDispatcher rather than network
> connection to a WPA-PEAP access point works like a charm, as do most of
> the other encryption-authorization schemes you might want. No need to
> pay any attention to configuring wpa_supplicant.

OK spurred on by both your comments I fired up NetworkManager and
NetworkManagerDispatcher, and got KnetworkManager running (I use KDE)

Filled in the blanks but in fact used the certificate in /etc/pki/tls/cert.pem
and it connected.  However it is not stable and the connection keeps dropping.

So I guess this points to a bug or other problem with wpa_supplicant?

Anyway I am very pleased at getting a connection with this for the first time.
However I would like to know why NM connects but wpa_supplicant does not!

Thanks for your help... I will certainly explore NM a bit more now.