Grub Manual

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:27:43 UTC 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Karl was indeed using the correct meaning of root in that context,

> no, lamar, he wasn't.  which makes the rest of your argument quite
> irrelevant.   but thanks for playing.

You haven't changed a bit from the old days, have you Robert.  I killfiled you
once in rpm-list years ago for much the same stridor.

If grub.conf's use of /vmlinuz-2.6.22.9-91.fc7 and /initrd-2.6.22.9-91.fc7.img
isn't placing two files in the 'root directory' then what is it doing?  If
you do a chroot() system call to /boot in a running F7, what files are in the
root directory?  If you dump the context of nash (or the kernel prior to
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer
Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
1 PARI Drive