Grub Manual

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Oct 20 02:55:42 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    Back a few years ago I did teach classes at Stanford U and NMSU

I once had a lecturer who was so poor that the students (and it was
quite a small class, 20 or so professionals) came close to revolting.

> later. I did my homework and was ahead of all my students. I kind of
> wonder about rday since he has told me there is only one root. Made a
> BFD of it too.

You should do your homework now, and make a proper effort at
understanding the existing GRUB documentation. It may be difficult to
understand (though I don't find it so), programmers are notoriously poor
at writing documentation, but it is written by someone who knows the
topic. Some points may lack clarity, perhaps because the author expects
to reader to know more than you already do, but I don't think it likely
to have many errors.

Be aware that this version of grub is not being enhanced, the authors
have decided the approach is wrong and have started again. It's unlikely
they would add your contributions to the existing documentation.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait