Emacs Configuration & Emacs Splash Screen

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Oct 20 12:55:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 07:47:26AM +0100, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> Thus, Tony Crouch at Sat Oct 20 05:18:31 2007 inscribed:
> [snip]
>

> I don't know what the difference is, but my Emacs windows tell me the
> buffer name and the host it's editing them on. Alt-Tab between windows
> there is no problem.
>
> Maybe this snippet from .emacs will help?
>
> ;; default to better frame titles
> (setq frame-title-format
>       (concat  "%b - emacs@" (system-name)))

From my own .emacs (http://www.charlescurley.com/emacs.init.html):

;; Set the frame's title. %b is the name of the buffer. %+ indicates
;; the state of the buffer: * if modified, % if read only, or -
;; otherwise. Two of them to emulate the mode line. %f for the file
;; name. Incredibly useful!
(setq frame-title-format (concat invocation-name "@" system-name ": %b %+%+ %f"))

Emacs customization is a sport persued at least world wide; there are
many resources on the net. The built in help system has some tools and
information about variables, etc.