wpa_supplicant.conf for F7 for WPA-PEAP

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:46:43 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam <akonstam <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> > Well there is one more thing you need to do. That is to stop
> > the /etc/init.d script network. chkconfig network off
> > will do that. If network is running at the same time as NM I would
> > expect the connection dropping you experience.

Just to follow up on this - I changed my wpa_supplicant.conf today and ran
another test. It connects beautifully to the WPA/PEAP wireless and gives a nice
solid connection so it is very pleasing to know that with F7 wpa_supplicant for
me is now working at home with either WPA or WPA2, and that at work it also
works nicely with WPA/PEAP taking authorising credentials from my work
username/password.

So I can now add to the congratulations to the developers who have made this all
possible. The lack of getting wpa_supplicant to work with WPA/PEAP was due to my
ignorance of how to set up the config and there was no bug in the software.