streaming live video.

Parth Pathak parthpathak at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 23:12:01 UTC 2007

refer to videolan(VLC) player. I used it for streaming my webcam on F6.
If you want to stream it to http clients, refer this link
http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch04.html#id294801
You will need a apache server running and icecast is not needed then.

There are ways to embed vlc player in webpage which can be accessed by any client browser to receive stream. I can't recall them off hands but you may search it on web.I chose vlc because it gives large options for codecs and muxes like ogg+theora etc.