How-to Detect Wireless Networks near me?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 23 10:49:41 UTC 2007

Ludovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Fedora acouple days ago and I cannot get it to find my wireless network.
> When pluging the cable it is fine but I don't know how to find the list of Wireless networks near me (mine especially) and how to connect to it.
> I did manage to use the wireless once after obtaining an IP address using the cable but never was able to reproduce... I know I am just another newbiz :o)
>
> Thanks for any help, Ludo

Network mangler seems to do a fine job. I visited Daugher in a high-rise
in Melbourne, and got regular messages about APs coming and going. I
really liked the name of one of them, brothelhot.

Astonishingly, all were secured.

kismet's good if you want to do a serious job of looking round.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait