Working with VM's as a non-root user

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:27:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

Can anyone give me any tips, information, or experience with this problem?

I administer five Fedora workstations.  The users have a couple of
requirements which could best be met with a virtualized windows
machine.

I have setup a virtualized host.  But, they don't need it all the
time, and they need the RAM for other things when they're not using
the VM.

Is there a way that I can allow user who are not root and do not have
root access the ability to startup and shutdown the virtual machine?
Limited sudo would be acceptable.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike