OOO broken

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Oct 24 08:54:11 UTC 2007

Andrew Kelly wrote:

> Whatever the case, gmail is the new hotmail in my admin life. In fact,
> aol has fallen to 4th place on my personal list of "The Rings of Hell".
> gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, in that order.

That is kind of why I prefer to run my own email domain and server.  I've
several layers of spam defense.  Nothing as draconian and time consuming as
blocking subnets from various countries when the supposed need arises.  At
most, 10~15 emails/day sneak in and are marked as potential spam.  Those
that make it through are generally of the stock purchase or Nigerian scam
variety.  Haven't seen a life enhancing email in ages nor have I had false
positives.

But, it sounds as if this thread has switched gears from "OOO broken" to
"whose your spammer".  :-)