CVE security fixes

Chris Kottaridis chriskot at quietwind.net
Wed Oct 24 16:28:02 UTC 2007

I don't have a lot of fedora experience. I am checking what I have
against the security status page to see if I am up to date with the
various known security issues.

I am trying to find how to get the patches for some of the security
fixes mentioned on the security status page. Right now, specifically for
the vixie-cron package. I found these three CVE reports:

vixie-cron:
         fc7: CVE-2007-1856 backport (vixie-cron) #235882
vixie-cron-4.1-hardlink.patch
         fc7: CVE-2006-2607 backport (vixie-cron)
vixie-cron-4.1-_48-security.patch
         fc7: CVE-2005-1038 backport (vixie-cron)
vixie-cron-4.1-CAN-2005-1038-fix-race.patch

In the srpm I have I see the vixie-cron-4.1-_48-security.patch and the
vixie-cron-4.1-CAN-2005-1038-fix-race.patch, but I don't see the
vixie-cron-4.1-hardlink.patch.

I would prefer to get the individual hardlink patch at this point as
opposed to upgrading to some new version.

Where does one find the patches mentioned in the security status pages ?

Can they be found individually or would I have to unpack them from some
newer SRPM ?

Thanks
	Chris Kottaridis	(chriskot at quietwind.net)