Yum Install Problem

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 25 12:10:41 UTC 2007

Jyotishmaan Ray wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Please tell me what went wrong that i am getting this error message
> while trying to yum install openldap, as shown below:-
>
> [root at authdns ~]# yum install openldap openldap-devel nss_ldap
> openldap-clients openldap-servers Loading "installonlyn" plugin
> Setting up Install Process Parsing package install arguments Error:
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: fedora-source

1. At that very instant, your machine could not contact the repo defined
  as fedora-source, or could contact it but it did not have
./repodata/repomd.xml

Can you go to that URL manually ?

2. set the -source repo for enabled=false, since you will save not
getting repo info for something you probably aren't using.

3. what kernel and distro are you running ?

DaveT.