Bug report

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Oct 25 13:32:20 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>> I hope the bug killers are cleverer than me,
>> as I don't understand your bug:
>> --------------------------------
>> Description of problem:Partition designators change
>> with changes in hard drive use.
>> I have 2 hard drives.
>> When hd1 is booted the Linux is /dev/sda.
>> When hd2 is selected the Linux is /dev/sda.
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> 1. What do you mean by "hd1 is booted", "hd2 is selected"?
>> How exactly do you select hd2?
>>
>> 2. What do you mean by "the Linux"?

>     As you say I am a lot more involved than you are.

I don't know what this means.
More involved in what?
Also, I didn't say you were more involved in anything.

>     You don't even
> know it happens I guess.

I don't know WHAT happens.
That was the point of my note.

It would be simpler to follow your arguments
if you just said exactly what commands you gave
and exactly what effect they had.
[There is a lot to be said for copy-and-paste
or use of "script" to see exactly what happened, IMHO.]