[Fedora] Re: DHCP question

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:33:31 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Jacques B. <jjrboucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I Googled <no client hardware address> and found the following.  Don't
> > know if that helps at all.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/logcheck/+bug/113774
> >
> > Jacques B.
> >
> If you Goolge it in double quotes, you get more hits.  Here's another:
> http://www.archivesat.com/dhcp-server.isc.org/thread237578.htm
>
> And this one mentions that it was a bug in an application on Ubuntu.
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-425895.html
>
> Jacques B.

Here's one from Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/aa8c2fdf7836a0b5/f44ac58d014ced5c?hl=en&lnk=st&q=%22%3Cno+client+hardware+address%3E%22#f44ac58d014ced5c

By chance did you try running some network monitoring tools on the
Windows boxes to see which process may be responsible for that
traffic?  See if it is flash or something similar as is suggested in a
couple of the links I provided.  Wireshark and TCPView (from
SysInternals which is now owned by MS and thus under their TechNet
umbrella) come to mind as a few possible tools to troubleshoot this
with.

Jacques B.