FEDORA core 7 installation on laptop

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Fri Oct 26 02:12:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 16:29 -0700, Tracy12 wrote:
> It doesn't say to what, that is the issue we all got,
>

> The live CD and DVD all works on other laptops, I guess they are not very
> new.
>
> Mine is ACER Travel mate 6292.
>
> Is this issue because of the new chipset etc.
>
> I downloaded the DVD some time back and live CD yesterday. Shall I download
> the DVD again and try?
> Will it make any sense (assuming upgrades to the kernel)

The official install images don't change after release.  There's an
organization that re-spins install images with updates included, but I
can't recall where they are.  You can search the archives of this list
to find them.

Does your BIOS offer a compatibility mode for the ATAPI/IDE controller?
If so, give that a try.  I had a similar problem with a ThinkPad T61 and
that solved the install problem.  Once I had completed updates, I
switched back to AHCI mode and it worked fine.